Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jessica Sanchez sings Beyonce's Sweet Dreams on AI Top 9


Jessica Sanchez had the judges and the audience on their feet rooting for her as she performed her rendition of Beyonce’s “Sweet Dreams” on American Idol.
The top nine contestants took on the songs of their idols Wednesday night and were mentored by rock and roll royalty, Stevie Nicks.
Nicks was blown away with Sanchez’s voice but was also impressed with her ability to learn quickly.
 “She is a great student,” said the rock star.
American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez loved that Sanchez turned Beyonce’s uptempo tune into a ballad.
“If I was Beyonce and I was home watching this, I would be thinking 'I should do that for my next concert,'” Lopez told Sanchez. “It was a really beautiful rendition of it. Really gorgeous.”
Lopez said she didn’t want Sanchez to stop singing.
“There was a part in there that everybody thought you were going to sing on forever,” Lopez said. “You didn’t and I love that because I wanted more. You left all of us wanting more.”

JLO’s fellow judges felt the same way about Sanchez's performance.
“Great performance and beautiful dress,” Tyler said complimenting Sanchez, who wore an elegant silver gown. “I think you are a star no matter what.”
To music producer Randy Jackson, who has been a judge on the show for 11 seasons, Sanchez is “one of the best singers I’ve seen in many years.”
“I don’t know if people believe me but stars are truly born,” said Jackson. “The maturity that you have as a singer at this age… I was looking at Jennifer… where do you learn that?”
He told Sanchez she has innate talent.
“I look forward to hearing you every night,” Jackson said.
Sanchez seemed relieved and happy she was able to nail it once again.
“[Beyonce] is an amazing performer, an amazing vocalist,” Sanchez said, smiling. “As a kid, I used to try to do her moves. She is the total package. That is why I look up to her so much.”



No comments:

Post a Comment